22 Questions that long to be asked….
Everyone has their prescriptions for how to create your year. Name your year. Claim your year. And I am no exception. As a creative being I am often obsessed with finding the language for who, what, where, why, when and WHAT FOR as the year turns. I rather LIKE the energy of everyone in a bustle about transformation – I like riding in on the frequency of our collective longing for CHANGE. I mean, WHAT is it all for? Yes I do keep asking and seeking the answers to those questions.
One of the ways I work with the changing energies of my desires for what I want to create in the new year has to do with this very gorgeous, downright sexy word – INQUIRY. Roll it around your mouth and try it out. Say it three times out loud. Inquiry. Inside of it is everything that could be, but isn’t yet or isn’t clear yet…but more than anything what I love is this: I get to choose. And the way that I choose is to INQUIRE into myself and my life path.
I am sharing with you the 22 questions I ask myself, not just at the beginning of the year but on a regular basis. I make a kind of ritual out of it. I pour a cup of tea or coffee with cream and honey and I sit at the Red Thread Cafe and ponder with pen in hand or gazing out of window. Often I am driven to this inquiry ritual for “moving on” through restlessness, even in good times I have a voracious appetite for transformation and catalytic change.
I welcome you into this world where DESIGNING your life and AUTHORING your future are what is continually ‘on the table’ for conversation. And if you have been traveling with me for quite a spell you will know that I identify as a creative being and so that means being in the creative act of designing and authoring is a big part of my world and the world I share with others. And of course, I am asking you to join me. Yes I find it it delicious, this work of invention is so enlivening to the soul. If your soul is parched, feed it some nourishment through inquiry.
So I am inviting you to the cafe of inquiry with me – you never know what surprise might be in store for you!
22 Questions for Moving On and Breaking Through
1. What is it I am committed to starting?
2. What is it I am committed to finishing?
3. Who is it I am excited about being?
4. Who is it in me I am excited about letting go?
5. Where is it I will spend my time?
6. Where is it I will spend less of my time?
7. Who will I reach out to and connect with?
8. Who will I surrender and let go?
9. What is it I feel really good about?
10. What is it I need to forgive myself for?
11. What abundance am I going to bring forth?
12. What excess am I going to release?
13. How will I shine my light in the world?
14. How will I stop hiding my light?
15. How will I strengthen my relationship with Spirit?
16. What excuses will I no longer use?
17. What is it my soul longs to express?
18. What is no longer serving my soul?
19. How will I care for my body?
20. How will I no longer treat myself?
21. What was the theme for my 2013?
22. What will the theme be for my 2014?
Be patient towards all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Rilke